You’ll find at least 6 great places to hike and walk in nature during your cabin stay at Sunset Ridge.
- The Bat Nest Road Area encompasses 133 acres of wetlands and river access where bald eagles are often seen. It’s only 3 miles from your cabin.
- The Hellbender Preserve is a 15-acre site with a nature trail alongside Jelloway Creek. It’s less than 5 miles from your cabin.
- Honey Run Highlands Park, only 5 miles from your cabin, is a 346 acre wildlife preserve for the threatened Barn Owl.
- Indianfield Bluffs Park is a 25.5-acre park with a 1.5 mile double-loop trail with steep grades and switchbacks for more challenging hiking.
- Thayer Ridge Park has 70 acres of parkland with a 9-hole disc golf course.
- Wolf Run Park has a pond with a fishing pier and 10 miles of nature trails winding though wetlands and natural habitat.
We have easy driving directions to guide you to great walking and hiking spots during your cabin stay.